Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Excessive Heat?


 


Today the high was 91º.  Around here, in August, that's considered a cooler day.  The usual heat waves are just dreadful, around upper 90s, sometimes over 100º for days, and sometimes even over 110º for days.  At that point, most people just give up for the time being.  So I didn't consider today to be a hot day.  


In March I had had the foresight to sprinkle ant, tick and chigger granules all over the yard.  For this reason there was not much trouble with any of that.  However, it wears off, and ants had begun to be a nuisance in the house.  Finally, I got out my second bag of granules and went outside to sprinkle the ant granules.  But this isn't March.  It was hotter today and plus the ants had had time to organize.  So the next thing you know I was standing in an anthill with ants trying to show me who was boss.  At the same time,  I was just extremely overheated.  


And so, having done a halfway job I threw in the towel and ran inside for a nice cold bath and a Coke.  I feel as weak as a kitten.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hitler phones Kamala Harris