Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Egg Solution Part 2


 


The excitement mounts.  The eggs are hard boiled.  They turned out perfect.  


How do I make perfect hard boiled eggs?  I have an Instant Pot.  I also have a wire basket accessory for it.   I put about 12 oz. of water in the pot, and put two dozen eggs in the basket.  Then I set it to pressure cook on high for four (4) minutes.   I then forgot the whole thing until I had left it on for two more minutes.  Oops.  


Still, they came out just like I wanted.  They're  all sitting in a cold bowl of water now.  There is a second batch going, which should finish up the egg project.  At least step one.   


I've kept these eggs on the counter in August for at least three weeks, since I probably bought too many eggs.   Therefore, either they needed to be tossed out or created into something fabulous.  This will mean 10 used for deviled eggs, about 10 used for egg salad which will morph into tuna, chicken, and egg salads, and leave twelve eggs for having hard boiled eggs either for lunch or a snack.   Part of tuna and chicken salads will probably need to go in the freezer.  


It's a bit of a relief that they didn't spoil.  Good eggy.  Besides that, there's something ready to eat.  





UPDATE


Major screw up.  I made two big mistakes.  I forgot to close the vent to the Instant Pot so it didn't pressurize.  Then I forgot about the whole thing until the eggs had been cooking for thirty minutes.  Oh no!  They were still perfect.  


That's life in Paradise today...








t

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hitler phones Kamala Harris